Nutritional yeast has been trending for a while. It's a quintessential pantry item for anyone…
Don’t flip out about blueberry season ending, make the most of what’s left of it with these blueberry banana pancakes!
These pancakes are vegan (if you care), delicious (if you don’t care that they’re vegan), and can be made gluten free (if that’s what you’re into). For a gluten free option, just sub in your fave mix of gluten free flour – we like Bob’s Red Mill gluten free baking flour because it contains a few different awesome GF flours that are premixed.
This batch serves 4 (about 12 pancakes), but if you don’t plan on eating that many, just keep them in the freezer and reheat for a fast and delicious breakfast!
Vegan Blueberry Banana Pancakes
- ¾ cup all purpose flour*
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour*
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 ripe bananas (¾ – 1 cup when mashed)
- 1 ⅓ cup milk alternative (We like almond or soy)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup blueberries
- Oil for the pan
- Syrup, blueberries, and other desired toppings
*Sub GF flour, if desired – we like Bob’s Red Mill gluten free baking flour
- In a food processor or blender, blend the wet ingredients. You can also mix by hand, but you’ll want to make sure the banana is very well mashed.
- Mix the dry ingredients together a bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Then carefully mix the ½ cup of blueberries.
- Over medium heat, warm up a large pan with a little oil.
- Scoop ~¼ cup of the mixture into the pan to form pancakes. When bubbles start to form, flip the pancakes and cook for another 1-2 minutes on the other side.
- Serve with your favourite toppings – we like maple syrup, blueberries, and a little coconut whip cream.
Can’t get enough of pancakes? Try out these other delicious pancake recipes.