Be Fresh Local Market, a sustainability-focused market and café, is addressing food insecurity in Vancouver neighborhoods head on by launching their Pay-It…
BE FRESH COVID-19 STORE UPDATES
UPDATED MARCH 17
Recently, the YMCA of Greater Vancouver announced the closure of all its centres due to COVID-19. As a result, our Be Fresh Cafe at Robert Lee YMCA will be suspending operations temporarily, effective immediately.
As we follow recommendations made by the British Columbia Health Services, nothing is more important to us than the health and safety of our team and customers.
Our Be Fresh Cypress and Organic Acres locations are still open and serving the community at this time.
With the increasing spread of COVID-19, we wanted to take this opportunity to assure you that we have taken a number of steps to increase our already high sanitation standards. Nothing is more important to us than the health and safety of our team and our customers.
To ensure the cleanliness of our stores and health of our team we are:
- Increasing the frequency of professional janitorial services and sanitization in all restrooms and entryways to the store
- Increasing the frequency of sanitization by store staff of all communal areas, including entryways, restrooms, checkouts
- Eliminating any non-essential business travel for all team members
- Postponing all in-store events and demos
- Temporarily suspending all in-person meetings with vendors, suppliers, and external stakeholders
- Following British Columbia Health Services recommendations around out-of-country travel, ensuring that any team members who have been traveling abroad are following the 14-day self distancing protocol before returning to work
While we remain committed to sustainability, we will also be taking the following measures temporarily:
- Putting a hold on the use of reusable mugs in all cafes
- Pausing the bring-in-your-own reusable container program for our bulk section
- Delaying the roll out of our reusable bag library program.
Can’t make it to Be Fresh? We’ve still got you covered.
In the event that you or a loved one are quarantined or are social distancing, we recommend having groceries delivered from SPUD.ca for a no-contact option. SPUD.ca orders are prepared in a closed warehouse, meaning no members of the public have access to your groceries, and your groceries can be delivered unattended. Whether shopping in-store or online, you’ll have access to a full selection of vitamins, supplements, and natural remedies, cleaning supplies, and of course, local and organic groceries.
From our Be Fresh family to yours, thank you for your continued support, stay safe & healthy.