Nutritional yeast has been trending for a while. It's a quintessential pantry item for anyone…
4 Ingredient Thirst-Quenching Watermelon Slushie
Ah, summer. The time for hiking, barbecues, and iced drinks (seriously, my ice consumption probably increases about 200%). While it’s not technically summer yet, it very well feels like it. And that means iced beverages galore.
If you’re looking for a thirst-quenching, healthy beverage to enjoy on a hot day, look no further. Unlike the sugar-laden slushies of our childhoods, this slushie is almost entirely watermelon: AKA, hydration. Watermelon is about 92% water, and if you include coconut water, you’ll get your fair share of rejuvenating electrolytes. Not only is this beverage hydrating, but it’s refined-sugar free, rich in potassium, and vegan. Bonus: kids love it too!
Enjoy this slushie on a warm Saturday afternoon, and if it’s that kind of afternoon, a touch of vodka is a great addition (not for the kids though, obviously).
How To Make a 4-Ingredient Watermelon Slushie
- 4 cups frozen watermelon cubes
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup watermelon juice (or coconut water)
- Optional: ½ tbsp maple syrup (or honey, if not vegan)
- Optional: 4 leaves fresh mint
- To make frozen watermelon cubes, simply cut up fresh watermelon into bite-sized chunks and freeze. Easy as that. Alternatively, just freeze our in-house watermelon juice in ice cube trays!
- Once you have your frozen watermelon cubes, blend all ingredients well.
- For the kids: serve as is. For the adults (if you’re feeling it): add 1 oz alcohol of choice, and top with fresh mint if using.
Find all your watermelon slushie ingredients at your nearest Be Fresh market or online at SPUD.ca!