Like this recipe? Remember to vote for this recipe with the stars review below. View…
Like this recipe? Remember to vote for this recipe with the stars review below. View all recipes for this contest
TEST: Alice's Easy Blueberry Cake
"This is a delicious and easy blueberry cake to make with things that are usually on hand. My grandmother passed this down to me and now I make it with my kids."
Servings 16 servings
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour or as needed
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons white sugar or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Sift 2 1/2 cups flour, 1 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract; mix into a semi-thick batter.
- Toss blueberries with about 2 teaspoons flour in a separate bowl; fold into batter. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cake is lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes. Brush melted butter on top of cake and sprinkle with about 2 tablespoons sugar. Continue to bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 5 to 10 more minutes.