Like this recipe? Remember to vote for this recipe with the stars review below. View all recipes for this contest
The Best Vanilla Cake Recipe
The Best Vanilla Cake Recipe - A vanilla cake recipe that is quick, easy, and delicious! Made from scratch, this cake is perfect for every occasion!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Prepare three 8-inch cake pans by spraying with baking spray or buttering and lightly flouring.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk through to combine. Set aside.
- Cream butter until fluffy and then add sugar. Cream together for about 8 more minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and mix just until combined.
- Add flour mixture and buttermilk, alternately, beginning and ending with flour. Combine each addition until well combined.
- Add vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Divide among pans and bake for 25-30 minutes until edges turn loose from pan and toothpick inserted into middle of cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Turn out onto wire cooling racks and allow to cool completely.
- Frost cake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.