Nutritional yeast has been trending for a while. It's a quintessential pantry item for anyone…
You may have noticed that we’ve been obsessed with chia puddings lately. We’re lovin’ recipes like strawberry rhubarb, mango, and turmeric, and recently, we’ve been trying to create a chia pudding recipe with our all-time favourite food: avocado. Why not make a good thing great?
The results: we nailed it. This avocado chia pudding recipe, when mixed in with some chocolate, combines the best of all worlds. This chocolate avocado chia pudding recipe is an ideal summer dessert for when you’re craving some chocolate but want something chilled (that isn’t chocolate ice cream). Enjoy it post-barbecue for a refreshing yet satisfying evening treat.
Bonus for all you keto-dieters out there: this recipe is keto! Another bonus for all you vegans out there: it’s vegan too. Since the vegan keto diet is one of the most restrictive, this is a double whammy. And if you’re not keto or vegan? Don’t worry, it’s heavenly either way.
Chocolate Avocado Chia Pudding Recipe
*This recipe serves 8, so unless you’re serving a big group, you may have lots leftover. It should last for about 3-4 days in the fridge, so you can enjoy it for breakfast too. Alternatively, feel free to halve it for lesser amounts.
- 4 avocados
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground chia seeds
- A pinch of salt to enhance flavour
- Sweetener to taste. We like about ½ – 3/4 cup of maple syrup, or honey if not vegan. For you keto-ers, use Stevia to taste. About 2 tsp should work well.
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender. As opposed to mixing the chia seeds in with a spoon, blending it makes for a smoother, less seedy pudding.
- Blend until silky, which could take a few minutes. Be aware that you may need to stop and mix your pudding a few times throughout.
- Once blended, split pudding into separate cups and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to cool and thicken.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle with chopped nuts or shredded coconut.
- Serve and enjoy!
What are your favourite chia pudding recipes? Share with us your thoughts! And as always, find most ingredients – including our $0.99 organic avocados! – at your nearest Be Fresh market.